Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A new workbench

After working on this boat for four years, I finally made a workbench. Those with large garages and detached shops may scoff, but I can finally drill, saw and sand without totally trashing the boat. And my view is nicer.

I'll soon be working on some repairs to our flooring and will use a piece of leftover 7mm plywood to replace the somewhat cheesy 1/4 inch work surface seen here.

I've got another month in Colombia before Pam gets back. I couldn't stand my hair anymore, so I cut it myself. Not too bad in the front, but you can see where I couldn't (or didn't) reach in the back. This is probably the closest to a mullet you'll ever see on this boy.

Pami asked me for a layout drawing of our boat a month ago, so here it is. She's always trying to explain where things are on the boat. I'm sitting where it says NAV. The SALOON is completely covered in tools and parts. The new floors go in A) in the little walkway between SALOON and COCKPIT and in front of the stove in the GALLEY.


Ciao for now
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment