Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wed. Dec 30

Today's progress

I got the mounting for the security system painted and mounted so that the alarm points out a hole in the helm that was previously used for an old style 12V outlet that we never used. The two holes to the right of the PCB are for switches. I had hoped to get it all wired today, but manana is another day...


Then I measured and cut the boards for the companionway floor. A few of the cuts are a little wavy. I was on the bow of the boat with it gusting into the low 20's and lots of Colombian holiday traffic. It's been a bit lumpy. I hope to trim them up when Robert's carpenter brings the table saw back.

The wood is not really a finish grade wood, the outer veneer is so thin you can see through it in places. With some stain and varnish and a rug over it, I think it'll look fine. It is the kind of wood that is perfect for a substrate if we want to have some pretty wood laminated over the top later.

The dude who paddles out on the old surf board selling vegetables is named Wilson. I ordered some tomatoes from him and he brought out a couple today. His prices are a bit high, but not when you figure he paddles out from Baru on his board every day. I plan to use them in a jambalaya, but maybe not tonight, I'm a bit pooped.

No comments:

Post a Comment