Thursday, December 31, 2009

Stain and Varnish of Companionway


I wanted a color that tended more to the red than the yellow to go with the other floors and did I get red! The stain turned out a bit blotchy and muddy looking. There are areas where another coat would make it look more even, but I don't want to make it any darker. I think I'll let it dry an hour or so and then hit it with a coat of varnish. Maybe I should have used a sanding sealer. I wonder how you ask for that is Spanish?

Hmmm...

While the stain dries, check out my second attempt at cutting my own hair. Instead of just hitting the longest spots, I did the whole deal today. I had to hunch down a bit to get in the picture. There's not a lot of room left in the cockpit for a tripod with all the woodworking.

No comments:

Post a Comment